This is a log of changes to
ytree over its release history.
The CREDITS file
contains the most up-to-date list of everyone who has contributed to the
ytree source code.
Release date: November 18, 2022
Release date: March 11, 2022
Release date: February 3, 2022
Release date: August 30, 2021
Release date: August 3, 2021
- Halo selection and generation with yt data objects (PR #82)
- Add frontends for consistent-trees hlist and locations.dat files (PR #48)
- Add consistent-trees HDF5 frontend (PR #53)
- Add LHaloTree_hdf5 frontend (PR #81)
- Add TreeFrog frontend (PR #103, #95, #88)
- Add Moria frontend (PR #84)
- Add get_node and get_leaf_nodes functions (PR #80)
- Add get_root_nodes function (PR #91)
- Add add_vector_field function (PR #71)
- Add plot customization (PR #49)
- All functions returning TreeNodes now return generators for a significant speed and memory usage improvement. (PR #104, #64, #61)
- Speed and usability improvements to select_halos function (PR #83, #72)
- Add parallel analysis docs (PR #106)
- Make field_data an public facing attribute. (PR #105)
- Improved sorting for node_io_loop in ctrees_group and ctrees_hdf5 (PR #87)
- Relax requirements on cosmological parameters and add load options for AHF frontend (PR #76)
- Speed and usability updates to save_arbor function (PR #68, #58)
- Various infrastructure updates for newer versions of Python and dependencies (PR #92, #78, #75, #60, #54, #45)
- Update frontend development docs (PR #69)
- CI updates (PR #101, #96, #94, #93, #86, #79, #74, #73) #63, #55, #51, #50, #43, #42)
- Remove support for ytree-1.x outputs (PR #62)
- Drop support for python 3.5 (PR #59)
- Drop support for Python 2 (PR #41)
- Use file sizes of loaded arbor when only saving analysis fields. (PR #100)
- Use regex for more robust filename check. (PR #77, #47)
- Fix issue with saving full arbor (PR #70)
- Check if attr is bytes or string. (PR #57)
- Fix arg in error message. (PR #56)
- Account for empty ctrees files in data files list (PR #52)
Release date: December 17, 2019
This is the last release to support Python 2.
Release date: October 24, 2018
Release date: August 28, 2018
- add vector fields.
- add select_halos function.
- significant refactor of field and i/o systems.
- upgrades to testing infrastructure.
Release date: April 23, 2018
- update environment.yml to fix broken readthedocs build.
Release date: April 20, 2018
- add support for LHaloTree format.
- add support for Amiga Halo Finder format.
Release date: February 16, 2018
- significantly improved i/o for ytree frontend.
Release date: August 07, 2017
This is significant overhaul of the ytree machinery.
- tree building and field i/o now occur on-demand.
- support for yt-like derived fields that can be defined with simple functions.
- support for yt-like alias fields allowing for universal field naming conventions to simplify writing scripts for multiple data formats.
- support for analysis fields which allow users to save the results of expensive halo analysis to fields associated with each halo.
- all fields in consistent-trees and Rockstar now fully supported with units.
- an optimized format for saving and reloading trees for fast field access.
- significantly improved documentation including a guide to adding support for new file formats.
Release date: January 12, 2017
- New, more yt-like field querying syntax for both arbors and tree nodes.
- Python3 now supported.
- More robust unit system with restoring of unit registries from stored json.
- Added minimum radius to halo sphere selector.
- Replaced import of yt for specific imports of all required functions.
- Added ytree logger.
- Docs updated and API reference docs added.
- Allow non-root trees to be saved and reloaded.
- Fix bug allowing trees that end before the final output.
Release date: Sep 26, 2016
The inaugural release of ytree!