Save the tree to a file.
The saved tree can be re-loaded as an arbor.
- filename : optional, string
- Output file keyword. Main header file will be named <filename>/<filename>.h5. Default: “tree_<uid>”.
- fields : optional, list of strings
- The fields to be saved. If not given, all fields will be saved.
- filename : string
- The filename of the saved arbor.
>>> import ytree >>> a = ytree.load("rockstar_halos/trees/tree_0_0_0.dat") >>> # save the first tree >>> fn = a.save_tree() >>> # reload it >>> a2 = ytree.load(fn)